Starship Technologies is revolutionizing the delivery space using a fleet of autonomous robots which can deliver food and goods in their local area in a matter of minutes. Our robots have completed thousands of deliveries, met millions of people, and have clocked up the miles in more than 100 cities around the world. The robots drive autonomously but are monitored by humans who can take control at any time.
Starship was founded by two Skype co-founders, Ahti Heinla and Janus Friis, and former Airbnb executive Lex Bayer has just joined as CEO. Starship is changing the way the world thinks about delivery.
We are looking for an experienced operational leader to join our team and help take our European operations to the next level. Our operational teams include three primary functions: on-site operations, remote monitoring and piloting of our robots, and customer support. The team's primary locations are in London, Hamburg, and Tallinn.
The ideal candidate will be:
If you are the successful candidate, you will lead our on-site operations people. They are stationed close to our customers, offering fast, effective assistance with various tasks related to fulfilment of orders, for example, the picking and packing of groceries, the receiving and handling of customer packages, as well as the handling of the robots. You will also be responsible for the leadership and management of our remote operations teams. These monitor and pilot our robots from afar, making sure that our friendly neighbourhood machines continue to not only do their jobs well but also contribute positively to their communities. You will also run our teams of customer support agents, who are the first points of contact with the world, responding and communicating with customers about their orders.
- Able to successfully build effective operations teams
- An outstanding leader to team members, providing coaching and development
- Able to effectively identify patterns and problem areas, and implement effective solutions to drive increased efficiency, productivity, and quality
- Able to analyze and enhance operational procedures, workflows, and systems
- In charge of scaling teams to meet our growing business needs, including forecasting, hiring, and training
- Responsible for liaising with other departments, including Engineering, Product, Mapping, Support, and Logistics, to ensure effective information transfer for improving and optimizing our products and systems
- 5+ years' experience managing operational teams
- Excellent organization and attention-to-detail, and an ability to think at a systems level
- You must be a data-driven decision maker, comfortable with setting targets and managing to operational metrics
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The flexibility and adaptability to work with different aspects of a business and in a fast-paced, growing startup environment
- Experience managing remote and global teams is a plus.
- Fun company events
- Weekly team lunches
- Never-ending snacks and drinks!
If you're motivated by the thought of being part of the future of delivery, and you'd like to get to know our robots and our people, get in touch and let’s have a chat!